Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So, I'm a big, fat liar.

I said I was going to blog, and I didn't. No good reason. I think I am just at an antsy stage, where I really want to get this show on the road, but I can't because it's still too far away. After attending the best man's wedding and preparing to attend one of my bridesmaid's wedding showers this weekend, I think I am just ready for our turn. I feel like I have all the inspiration I can stand to use. If I see too much more, I will change my mind 987498654 more times, and I just can't, because deposits have been made and I think my lovely fiance has tired of my indecision! So, instead, I have almost blocked out the wedding maddness. Almost.

Last week, we couldn't take it anymore. We keep making an insanely long mental list of things to register for, and we finally bit the bullet and did it. We spent three long, tiring hours at Bed Bath & Beyond attempting to plan our future home. No one told me that registering was going to be so hard! Here is my favorite BBB item so far:






We have a strange love of dinosaurs, so this was a must. I can't wait to make and decorate little dinosaur-shaped cakes! Weird, I know.

I started a Target registry a long time ago. I got a coupon the said they would give me a free $25 gift card for making a registry, so I made one online. Today we went to Target and added to it. This is the thing I can't wait to get.


My "spot" on the couch is farthest from the light, so I am dying to get this plugged in behind me. I love Target!

I thought registering was kind of hard. You have to coordinate every room, remember what you already have, think of your storage limitations, stay within reasonable budgets for guests, try to ask for everything you may ever need, and not look selfish! It stressed me out! I am mostly focused on home decor- something I never spend money on. I want a lot of things I can mix and match through all rooms, but by registering so far out, I am worried both stores will be out of what I need by June. Eeeek!

What was your registering experience like? Was three hours a bit too much?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Your blog is too cute! We most def named Bauer after Jack Bauer, and we thought it was even funnier b/c he is a JACK russell...so his offical name is Jack Bauer Russell Mixon ;) My Mom still calls him bowser by accident, people just don't get it do they? lol We just got a cat too, it's my first experiance with a cat, so we'll see haha. I see that you guys are getting married too! How exciting! When? CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete