Monday, February 16, 2009

bad, bad blogger

I haven't blogged in a while, mostly because we haven't done much wedding-related stuff. With me not working, there were 0 dollars coming in our house for us to pay bills with, let alone to save for wedding expenses. We have talked about a few things, and I don't remember what Andrew said, but he very nearly sold me on Paraiso Maravilla. That is the direction I have been leaning towards lately. And... I got a dress! I said I wasn't even going to start looking for one until June at the earliest, but I had a chance I couldn't refuse! My mom heard about how Weddings by Debbie (a bridal shop by her house) had roof damage after Hurricane Ike and sold a bunch of their dresses to a buyer who normally sells things wholesale because "they weren't up to their standards." The company couldn't find a buyer for the lot of dresses, so they sold them one by one to the public for $100 each! I emailed this to Vivian on a Thursday night. The sale was Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. She called me Friday morning (I was at work) saying to get down there because the good dresses were going fast. My awesome manager let me take a long break, so I picked up my mom and we went! Wedding dresses are sized tiny, and all that were left were good sizes mostly. I found one I really liked in a size smaller than what I need, but for $100 bucks, I thought I should get it! My mom agreed, so now, as long as I lose a dress size, I have a dress. Yay! Pics are on facebook. Other than that... nothing good and wedding-related is going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment